Pages

Monday, June 4, 2018

Day 11 of Adaptation



"Love is all about giving, and not hoping for a return"

I was having my monthly excruciating dysmenorhea yesterday. Usually it lasts for first two-three days of menses. I seldomly take any analgesics because, I can just relieve it by lying down left laterally and sleep through it. Sometimes, tea works too. But mostly, I just sleep through it. Lately, I need to take pain killer just because of working. And I don't like working with pain. So I have to, like it or not.

Previously, my mom was the one who will provide me with medications, which sometimes she bought it at convenient store. Yes I'm a doctor but somehow, taking medicine is not my forte, unless necessary. I'll have it if I really really need to. When I'm in Taiping, I found out that girlfriend also has the similar problem that I'm facing. Somehow, we both understand the situation better than others.

She used to get me medication for it. She'll be the first to worry if I ever had this problem. I remember, there's one time, when she drove all the way from hospital after work late at night to my house just to drop the medication and food for me, knowing that I'm in pain. So, having the pain yesterday brought me back to those kind of memories, those kind of "great touching my heart" memories. And the more I think about it, the more I realized on how important has she become in my life in such a short period of time.

This morning, while driving to work, I was thinking of calling her, just to know how she's doing sort of thing. But I reluctantly call her because I'm afraid I'll be disturbing her. There was so many "what ifs" playing in my mind, until I ended up not calling her. You know when wise people always said, "there's telepathy between hearts"? That's exactly what I've felt this morning, the moment I've heard her ringtone from my phone, I was ecstatic. I set a specific ringtone for her, so I know exactly when she calls without even have to look at the phone. When I saw her picture on the screen, my heart flips over thinking of, how she knows that I really really wanted to call her today. And she called me out of nowhere. She knows today is Monday, I'll be working obviously. But still she called me. And of course, we can't really talk much. I'm working, I have to see patients in clinics. And it's only 9 in the morning, so it's a bit hectic. We just manage to say "hi there bye there" stuff. But I'm blessed. To ever hear her voice, knowing that she's okay, I'm fine.

The point is, imagine meeting someone who understood even the dustiest corners of your mixed up soul, imagine that moment when you both know exactly, what each other is thinking eventhough you are far away from each other, it's not an accident, it's what we called as telepathy.

PS : I brought my car to workshop for tyre services today. Hell yeah, it surely caused lots of money here. Pfffttt

No comments:

Post a Comment

type comment here...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails