Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Day 5 of Adaptation


"Our time together is too priceless to be wasted with arguments or silence"

I finally called her. I don't know what brings the confident in me that time, I was simply search through contact number and called her, out of the blue. And I thought she won't pick up. About the final dying beeping, about the time I almost give up, her voice heard at the other end of the line. Gosh, how I missed her voice so much! I always said to her, "how is it possible that her voice is so soothing and addicting, all at the same time?" So yes, it surprised me that she picked up. Because, literally at the moment I've heard her voice, mixed feeling rushed through my blood, I forgot almost everything that happened, and it's like she was in front of me, we were back at square and do our things as we always do before, I was at ease. Maybe seeing her is great, but hearing her voice is greater.

It was around 1900H, as soon as she said "hello", I was a bit hesitate to continue on the phone call. I don't know what to say really. It happened that I was just trying my luck to talk to her eventhough I don't really know what actually I want to say to her. In fact it was my intuition without motive that I try to call her, maybe I just love the idea of calling and hearing her voice, I don't know but it was so weird because she used to be the person who I tell almost everything that's going through my life and I have no idea why I was so nervous. And now it seems, akward and difficult and torturing. So, I just started what I do best, with small talks, and unsurprisingly, the conversation flows as smooth as silk. Yeah, we still got it in us I believe. She knows how to make everything seems fine, and I comply with it so well. We had our lame jokes here and there, and walla!

Everything seems normal. We act normal. I don't know whether I like it or not but I feel comfortable. At least she sounds good and composed. If she wants to put past as past then I'm okay with it. As long as we're good. We catch up a bit. I got to know that she's working at the time I called her, so we don't really talk much. I was also too tired to continue because it was my postcall day and I was driving at that time, so I ended up the call with the hopes that it won't be our last conversation, hopefully.

It was Friday night, I have a train to catch at 2130H, it was a last minute decision. My mom actually texted me a day prior to my oncall, asking me to come home. Who can says no to a mother right? So being as obeyed as I can be, I followed her wish. Long story short, I found my way to Perlis after a hectic late evening which I cannot really disclosed over here. Just consider myself unlucky and inconsiderate. But, I came home to Ummu and Iha's creative birthday card that they made specially for me and all the troubles that happen soon replace with a content heart. Sure it did, family provides nothing but comfort and loves. That's what I always get from them. I feel bless, really.

I slept peacefully that night, knowing that everything are fine. I'm here with my family, and she's there doing good. Nothing more that I can ask for. And she texted me again the next day. 
So we really are okay right?


No comments:

Post a Comment

type comment here...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails